Imagine: you landed at JFK (John F. Kennedy International Airport) and want to spend your holidays in New York. Then you’re likely wish to get to your hotel as quick as possible. In this article you will learn about the fastest ways to get from JFK to Manhattan.
- One way to get from JFK to Manhattan is a taxi. JFK is located 17 miles from Times Square. The trip by car takes from 45 minutes to an hour. If you are arriving in the morning hours during the week, the trip can take at closer to an hour to an hour and a half. Taxi is one of the easiest ways, especially if you have a travel companion to split the bill with.
- It’s hard to believe, but not a single subway line in New York takes you from JFK to Manhattan. However, with the help of AirTrain, you can come to the city. Ticket price is 5 dollars one way. A subway ride costs $ 2.75. One of the advantages of AirTrain is that you can avoid car traffic, thus you can quickly get to the city.
- Another way to get to the city is LIRR (Long Island Rail Road), one of the city’s commuter rails. The train costs $10.25 for a ticket from JFK to Penn Station, which will get you closest to Times Square. It takes about 35 minutes to get into the city with the help of the LIRR.
- There is a shuttle bus, which runs from JFK and drops passengers off at either Grand Central Station or Port Authority from 11am until 7pm. It is called NYC Express Bus, and a ticket will cost about $ 19 each way or $ 35 for a round-trip ticket. It will take you about 45 minutes to reach the city depending on traffic.
- If you do not care about the cost of your trip, then one of the fastest ways to get to Manhattan for you is BLADE. You will fly from the airport to the city in 5 minutes. The cost is 195 dollars in one direction.